Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Things That I Learned (2nd of series)

Now, here's the most important thing in my life that I need to work on... feeding myself!!! My main challenge living here in the US (its good that I know how to drive to go to fastfood restaurants if all else fails).

And here is my first try feeding myself....

===============================================

If you don't know how to cook, don't try to experiment the day before you need it.

There is no cafeteria in the refinery. I have no choice. I have to bring lunch. Big problem because I don't know how to cook. So when I went to Wal-Mart, I bought the easiest thing to cook. Spaghetti. And guess what, even the easiest of cooking, I was not successful. Totally not successful. But I have no choice. I'm pressed for time and I have to bring that and have it for lunch. Take a guess how my lunch was...

If you don't know how to cook, don't think twice. Go for the reliable. SPAM.

I don't know what I'm thinking, why I thought of cooking spaghetti. Maybe its my love for pasta. Maybe its my craving for Italian food. Maybe, maybe, maybe... I tell you, for whatever reason you have... DON'T. Go for the idiot proof alternative.... SPAM!!! (unless of course if you do have some time to spend for some cooking experiments.. refer to number 1)

If you don't know how to cook and you only know SPAM, go for the other idiot proof alternatives.

Would you like to eat Spam everyday of your life? DUH?!?! Life has full of choices. So does lunches. There's the best ingenious invention of the 20th century... TV DINNERS!! You want Italian, Mexican or American? Just name it and you got it. Warning though, just watch your weight... you cannot get anything easy in life... laging may kapalit. Just thank God you did not sell your soul for good food. ;)


Or if you have the resources, better bring a cook. It would lessen your stress. =P

No comments: