I just arrived here in Pascagoula, Mississippi for a 2-year assignment. Its not my first time in the US but its my first time to stay this long in a foreign country. Cultures do differ.
Here are some of my learnings.
=================================================
Don't be a navigator if you haven't slept a wink
I haven't slept from the time I left manila. Siguro idlip, pero sleep talaga, wala. So on our 2nd day here in the US, the HR admin was driving the car and I was the one sitting in front. All of us (Chito, HR and me) are new to the area so we all know nothing here. =P
ayun, tanong sya ng tanong... maya-maya bumagsak na ang ulo ko. tulog!! ofcourse, pahiya ako.
Don't be a navigator if you don't know how to read maps
Accepted fact is we don't know really how to read maps. In the Philippines, we just ask for directions. Di pala uso dito yun. E naman, ang lalayo ng mga lugar. Natataranta ako pag nagtatanong na sya ng directions based sa map. e sus, ni di ko alam ang mga ibig sabihn ng paiba-ibang kulay, linya at drawing dun eh. parang recitation. may kaba. One time we asked for directions to an apartment complex. the person on the other line described the directions based on landmarks ang not the streets ( e.g. when you see Wal-Mart, turn left, then you will see McDonalds, turn right... etc). Pinagtawanan sya nung HR... di lang ako makahirit, ganon tayo sa pilipinas...
Don't be a navigator especially if its a combination of 1 and 2
Do I still need to explain?
hehehehehehe...
Here are some of my learnings.
=================================================
Don't be a navigator if you haven't slept a wink
I haven't slept from the time I left manila. Siguro idlip, pero sleep talaga, wala. So on our 2nd day here in the US, the HR admin was driving the car and I was the one sitting in front. All of us (Chito, HR and me) are new to the area so we all know nothing here. =P
ayun, tanong sya ng tanong... maya-maya bumagsak na ang ulo ko. tulog!! ofcourse, pahiya ako.
Don't be a navigator if you don't know how to read maps
Accepted fact is we don't know really how to read maps. In the Philippines, we just ask for directions. Di pala uso dito yun. E naman, ang lalayo ng mga lugar. Natataranta ako pag nagtatanong na sya ng directions based sa map. e sus, ni di ko alam ang mga ibig sabihn ng paiba-ibang kulay, linya at drawing dun eh. parang recitation. may kaba. One time we asked for directions to an apartment complex. the person on the other line described the directions based on landmarks ang not the streets ( e.g. when you see Wal-Mart, turn left, then you will see McDonalds, turn right... etc). Pinagtawanan sya nung HR... di lang ako makahirit, ganon tayo sa pilipinas...
Don't be a navigator especially if its a combination of 1 and 2
Do I still need to explain?
hehehehehehe...
No comments:
Post a Comment