Last Monday, my friend texted and asked if she can call me in the office. That's either very good news or very bad news. Turns out, she got engaged over the weekend and she doesn't want to just text or email me to tell me the good news. I was really happy for her. Really! But part of me is not. NO, not because of her but because of me. I will be left alone.
Another similar story in my single life. In high school, we formed a group called SB which means SINGLE BLESSEDNESS. Because we are all singles. And we would choose to be single as long as it takes. I think that was the influence of Mr. Javier in one of his classes in Theology. So, at that time, we all thought that we will not be alone when we grow old. Well, we thought wrong. To date, I think there are only 2 left in the group. Yes, the other one is me. The rest got married. Traitors!! Yes, for me they are!
Why is it great to be single? Let me tell you why:
1. You wouldn't have to share the bed with anyone (this is debatable at this time)
2. You wouldn't have to count your safe days (again, this is debatable)3. You will have all the pillows to yourself
4. You will have all the time in the world
5. You will have all the money for yourself
Hmm... Well, that's all I can think of. Lame isn't it?
1. You do have a big bed but its not always nice to be sleeping alone (get a dog)
2. You can always count your safe days and wish you do have a reason to count.
3. The pillows cannot take the place of a warm body beside you (get a warm dog)
4. Its not fun doing anything alone
5. This one I like. =)
Thirty years from now, if we have our reunion, I'll be going there ALONE. Maybe I'll have a private nurse. With the money all to myself, I'll make sure that I can afford a hunk of a nurse.
Give me time, I'll be out of this stupor.
Soon....
No comments:
Post a Comment